January 20, 2007

Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband

My friend Sherra and I went to hear Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband live in the Wilkinson Center last night. We're talking two hours of seriously high-quality entertainment--high-speed microphone and instrument switching, banjo and fiddle duels, and an audience sing-along (not to mention the way cute brothers in the band that played before them.) It was so much fun!

The latest album.

The band.

The guitarist posing with Kermit because they do a Kermit song, "The Rainbow Connection."

Craig, the Banjo Boy, for whom I have a special affection.

If you want to see a couple of cute music videos, check out the website: www.shupe.net. Thanks to Robby and Roo for enlightening me about that and to Andra for introducing me to the band. :)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

You live in Provo and didn't know who Ryan Shupe was? Did they play the banjo song? That's a cute one. That CD is their first on their major recording contract.

momwhite said...

Wow, good pics, Sum. Glad you had fun!

momwhite said...

Wow, good pics, Sum. Glad you had fun!

momwhite said...

Wow, good pics, Sum. Glad you had fun!

momwhite said...

Good pics, Sum! Glad you had fun.

Robby said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have been there!

Summer said...

Andra introduced me to the band, but I think that was before I came here. Yes, they played the banjo song. It was great.

David and Andra said...

I just saw this. Glad you had fun, Sum!