January 28, 2008
Hello Germany!
I'm in Europe! I wish I could've posted my Germany pictures sooner, but Jacqueline and I just came to stay with our host family last night and haven't had Internet access. So here they are! I had a great time with Doris and the Alberty family, who are very kind and generous. Doris' old roommate Becky, who is replacing her as au pair, came the day after me, so I had fun getting to know her too.
Me on a bus in London. It was really annoying having to switch airports.
Dusseldorf! That tower is called the Rheinturm and is the city's version of Reunion Tower in Dallas. At least I like to think it is. I know it's very gray, but Doris said at least it would be realistic. :)
A cool tree.
Dusseldorf is apparently THE place in Germany for modern art. Unfortunately, Doris and I aren't big fans. So we just walked around and enjoyed the city. (And Becky and I ate wurst for the first time.) There's all this funky architecture on the harbor. Yes, those are giant colored people on that building. The closer you get, the scarier they are.
The building next to it.
On the Rhine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Summer, I was really happy to come home and find some Europe pics from you!
hahahahaha I love the scary people on the building! :)
What do Kaci and TOm think about that modern art?
Glad to hear you made it safely! We look forward to reading about all of your Europe adventures!
Post a Comment