
Today we went skating in front of Hôtel de Ville (City Hall)! How cool is that?! Okay, correction: three of my buddies went skating and I watched.
Explanation: when I was little I thought ice skating was the coolest thing since sliced bread--it was something exotic I had never done and I practically worshipped Kristi Yamaguchi. I went skating once for a birthday party when I was about 9 and had a great time. I have only been once since: freshman year at BYU for FHE. The skates hurt my feet, I couldn't keep my balance to save my life, and going in circles got old really fast. So I figured I'd save myself the trouble of changing shoes when I knew it'd only be fun for five minutes. It was still really fun, though. I made sure we had sufficient documentation of the proceedings by taking pictures on all four of our cameras.

My lens likes to not open all the way. I kind of like it though. It looks artsy. Kaci? :)

The very unattractive igloo entrance.

Rochelle, Sierra (who's only 17! and the sister of one of my friends from Helaman) and Sarah.

Notre Dame in the background.

Cute merry-go-round.

Notre Dame again.

We only had one casualty.

So graceful!

Okay, make that two casualties. She took it like a man.

It was sunny!

Dancing to the American music blaring from nearby speakers.
Speaking of American music, this one's for you, Natalie Baker. Yes, they really did play "Bet on It" from High School Musical 2. My thought process went something like this: 1. That's surprising and quite funny. 2. Natalie Baker. 3. Must record for posterity...and for Natalie Baker.
5 comments:
That 'other' architecture just doesn't compare to the igloos, does it?
That looks so fun--- I think you should have tried skating anyway, Summer!
that photo is totally artsy, summer! it's basically halfway vignetting -- and vignetting can be tres cool. people often add it using photoshop because they want it that badly.
i wish you could come to the wedding!!
We will miss you at the wedding. I'm terrible at ice skating.
summer, i do appreciate your tribute to me. i just haven't checked your bloggy in a few days, ok?!! thanks though. :) it made me feel special.
i miss your guts.
Post a Comment