September 3, 2008

apt 16

Welcome to Heather Cove, the cutest new thing in BYU-approved housing for women. Not really from the outside, but appearances can be deceiving. I really like my new pad because...
-it's a shorter walk to campus than I expected (ten minutes to the classroom buildings on the southeast side)
-we were on the waiting list for one of the new apts with 2 bathrooms and got it (vs the older ones that were recently renovated but only have 1)
-we're on the corner, like before, so ours is a little bigger
-what I'm most excited about: WASHER and DRYER. No more paying $2 to dry my clothes in dryers that don't even work in a dirty laundry room.
-and I think the ward will be fantastic. The bishopric members did a lot of talking at church on Sunday and most of it was jokes. Not that that's the only reason I think it will be fantastic.
The only down sides:
-unlike last year, no boys in the bldg
-the ward boundaries just changed and our building was added to give the ward more girls, but the rest of the ward is geographically clumped together and we're the outcasts
-the ward girl-to-guy ratio is about 10 to 1. (See above about adding girls...yeah, I don't get it either. Supposedly some of the guys' apts were just converted to guys' apts from girls', so we're supposed to get more moving in.)
kitchen
living room complete with curtains by Natalie's mom and $7 tables by IKEA
my side of the room, complete with Paris and pony pictures (not surprisingly, the desk is already a mess)
Kristin's side, complete with Orlando Bloom (see the Monk DVDs??)

bathroom, complete with Texas shower curtain and matching rug
And because the living room window faces east, we get this adorable view of Y Mountain.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I wish I could come visit. Your apt looks great, esp your picture arrangement.
We miss you! Good luck with the chemistry. I'm looking forward to hiring you as my nutritionist.

momwhite said...

Great job on the apt!

Abbie said...

Bravo, bravo. Thank you for the posts. Those pictures of Eli are the best thing I've seen all day.

Please come back. Just go to SMU, and live with us, and we can make delicious meals every nights. PLEASE!!!

David and Andra said...

Those do look like the Heather apartments that were in my ward way back when. I'll have to have David look at the pictures, too. He probably has a better memory of Provo landmarks than I do, and he liked a girl who lived in the Heather apartments!

Sharon said...

Uh-oh... I will have to keep Robby from looking at this post or else he will want a Texas flag shower curtain, too. Are all your roommates Texan, or are they just very tolerant?

Summer said...

Hahahaha....that made me laugh, Sharon. Well, my roommates are tolerant dears, but we have 2 bathrooms: one Texan and one non.