October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving, eh?

We had a real feast Sunday night to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving...turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, caesar salad, fruit salad, white and wheat rolls (I should say "buns"), cranberry jello salad, apple crisp, pumpkin pie, ice cream, and pumpkin crisp-pie hybrid stuff (pictured--not the prettiest, I know, but I had to have at least a little documentation). It was fantastic, especially after a long day of fasting and cooking all afternoon. We invited some guys from the ward and some girl friends and it was a fun way to get to know them better. After that we went to a stake fireside where we heard awesome talks from the stake pres. (who was my BoM teacher two years ago) and his wife. Of course, there were post-fireside refreshments and post-ward prayer refreshments later. Ugh. We still have plenty of leftover turkey. I love having a reason to celebrate Thanksgiving twice!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

yum. I ate good stuff in college but never that good.

Abbie said...

Those guys might be proposing to you after that. Watch out. Looks so yummy. Come HOME!