
Thanks to the new lds.org and Robby, I was able to find a legible map of my mission. (It's the long one between Death Valley, Kings Canyon & Sequoia NPs.) San Fernando and Santa Clarita, where the mission office is located, are at the southern tip. If you go to new.lds.org and sign in, you can use this maps tool to look at ward and stake boundaries and locate temples and meetinghouses, among other things. The Professor's already been playing on it for hours.

ETA: In my temporary obsession with maps, here's a closer look at the southern knob of the mission. Look how close the ocean is!!
P.S. Forrest won the Official Family Guess-Off with his guess of Temple Square!
6 comments:
Maybe you can finagle a transfer up to Yosemite and we'll have a doubly good reason to come and visit :)
ooh, nice work with the map. i was wondering what the boundaries were like.
i already wrote out a list of care package ideas. you might get tired of getting them from me. or you might think they're AWESOME. (the popsicle stick idea is definitely happening, btw)
So excited for you Summer. So excited. It could only be better if you were going to Oregon. :)
Summer, I actually think that Tommy won with his initial guess of McAllen. I would think that that mission more closely resembles southern California (Spanish speaking) over Temple Square. My opinion, anyways.
You know, I've driven through the southern tip extensively. Very pretty -- lots of trees and hills/mountains. I think there is even a ski resort nearby.
Plus, you get to be one state away from your FAB SISTER once again. That is great news. :)
Sweet - what's my prize?
Summer, I am a little sad that Beverly Hills & Hollywood aren't quite in your mission.
Post a Comment