November 14, 2010

for the ladies


shirt & skirt #1

shirt #2 (it's blue & white pinstripe...I know it's hard to see). Skirt's obviously going back because it's poochy in front.

shirt #3

skirt #2
That shirt is not new...W & K might recognize it.
skirt #3


the angel/parachute shirt...I like it but it's obviously not coming with me

shirt & skirt #4...A & I agree the shirt needs a belt

shirt #5 would be untucked and with a different skirt

Shirt #6. I love it...also got it in red. Which one should I keep?

ETA: Got another present in the mail from JCP yesterday. Another mediocre button-down shirt. A *cute* black skirt that's a leetle too short. And shirt #1 in teal. It's pretty but the problem is the sleeves are sheerish (same deal with shirt #6...sleeves have a band of lace on top). How many things can I get Mom to fix?? Need to keep looking. Sigh.

An, I'm with you on the big & shiny. :)
Wendy, I was going to return stuff this weekend but can hang on to it if you want to see it.

11 comments:

David and Andra said...

Shirt #6 I like the blue, but could the red one do double duty with the plaid skirt?

Katie said...

Hey Summer! Congrats on the call :) If I'm correct in assuming these are mission clothes, I would say if you love the shirt (#6) TAKE BOTH!! Seriously, no one will ever know and the best piece of clothes advice I got before my mission was LOVE YOUR CLOTHES. Seriously. Because you will wear them day in and day out. I had a few shirts that I took a couple in different colors because I liked them. Anyway, are you speaking in church in December? We'd love to come hear you . . . let us know.

Wendy said...

I'll come back when I have more time. Got to go exercise. Hope you're having fun at work!

Summer said...

Don't think so, An. It's bright red.

Abbie said...

How poochy is the second skirt? I like it from the front. high waists are so in right now. I need a side shot.
Yes to the belt on shirt #4.
Keep both the red and blue. It’s 18 months! You gotta have things you love!

Love you!

PS E&A are still going on trips to CA at least twice a week - they love you!

Robby said...

Keep the angel shirt!

Doris said...

I'm totally with Abbie on Skirt #2. I thought it was really cute. How poochy is it? I also like shirt #2 with the blue & white pinstripe. I also really like shirt #6. I think it would be awesome in a bright red, but if you don't like it, then go with your instincts.

Summer said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! More to come.

Katie--Haven't gotten a request to speak yet, but it would probably be Jan. 2. We'd love to see you!

Doris & Abbie--You can't see it so much in the picture, but skirt #2 is quite unflattering. :(

Wendy said...

Too bad about that skirt because it looked like it had potential. I like most of the shirts. The blue scrolly needs a big fat belt. Or just a skinny one if big and fat is not allowed. Will you still have these around next week?

David and Andra said...

A shiny belt is what I say :)

Since everyone loves that skirt, why don't you talk Mom into altering it for you!? Mwahaha. I'm sure she'll appreciate me volunteering her. Or, you might be able to get it tailored for a reasonable price.

kaci + tom said...

two thumbs up for tailoring things you like! go for it with the poochy skirt.