August 8, 2007

Laughing with Logan volume 5

Here's the next installment of quips and quotes from everyone's favorite Professor.

"We live at this address. Come steal our identity." (I don't remember what the context was for that one...)

"Your hands smell like iced roses." (I think he was up after bedtime and just started putting random words together.)

"I am the random king."

Last Sunday when we were fasting and he was struggling to make it to dinner, he said, "Maybe I should take a nap, because I took a nap last week and when I woke up, Tommy was engaged!"

And later on the same day, "Is there anything I can eat that doesn't count as food?"

His new favorite things to call me? "Mr. Grumpy Pants." It doesn't seem to matter to him that I'm not a guy.

Yesterday he suddenly got all gung-ho about finding our lost copy of BRAT Patrol and combed the office for it. He was unsuccessful except for finding some old CDs, which made him happy. When he finally gave up he said, "We just have to move. Then we'll find it."

Recently I've been looking at some doo wop and oldies albums on the iTunes music store to put together a playlist for Dad. When Logan walked in the office yesterday and saw me at the computer again, he asked me if I had looked at some group and I said "yes, of course." He replied, "Wow, you're like an expert now. You should replace the oldies guy on KERA who always says 'I've loved oldies since I was a wee child...'"

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Y'all are funny. The "waking up from a nap and Tommy's engaged" one is good.

kaci + tom said...

summer, THank you for brightening my day. i just woke up from a nap, and what better way is there to wake up than to some refreshing logan/fl quotes? i am truly blessed.