Since I didn't upload any pictures from my camera this semester, I thought I'd blog about them now that I have some free time (and an adorable new laptop with wireless). :)

So think way back to football season...

Rise and shout!

Natalie and Candice at a game. I don't have any pictures of the game that Dad came to because I didn't want my camera to get wet. But that's ok. Dad kept saying he was fine, but I know I was frozen and nearly dead by the end.

It SNOWED on Sep. 30. I remember because it was the day of the general RS meeting and I had gone to World of Dance before that (without and umbrella). When I got home Kristin was sitting on her bed talking on the phone and when she glanced out the window said, "What is that white stuff coming out of the sky?"

Goofing off on the way to the meeting...with the lens halfway open.

The view from the front of the MOA. That statue is supposed to look like Squaw Peak, the mountain behind it, but I don't really get it. I don't get most of the statues outside the MOA. On a related note, my security buddies and I, who get paid way less than the rest of on-campus security, are getting a raise! Yay! Good news, just not very good timing.

I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills...

My friend Stephy and I and her friend Lacey went to BYU-I for a weekend to visit Steph's sister Maria. We stopped in Blackfoot to befriend this giant potato.


The almost-complete Rexburg temple was a 15-minute walk from Maria's dorm. It's really small, but beautiful. The open house is going on right now and the dedication is next month, in case you were wondering.

Maria, Steph and me.

Sign of the week: a hair salon by the grocery store where we went about four times since there was nothing else to do and we wanted to visit a certain boy who worked there. When he asked if I was from Louisville (CO--Steph and Maria's hometown and where he served part of his mission), I thought "how did he know that?" Then I realized we weren't talking about the same place. Blonde moment.

We were really bored on Saturday night so we ended up going back to the store to look for inspiration. We got sidewalk chalk and decorated the sidewalk outside one of the boys' dorms until it was too cold to stay out any longer. Then we went inside and watched the Red Sox beat the Rockies.

We stopped by the Idaho Falls Temple on the way home.

Putting hand turkeys on the window.


Hope wishes you a happy Thanksgiving! (Sorry about the glare.)

Matthew showing off his soccer skills...

and instructing Logan and James on a play.



Our in-house ninja.

Putting a puzzle together.
The last Sunday of the semester my study abroad class was invited to Bro. & Sis. Welch's (the directors) for a potluck dinner. It was fun, but I couldn't stay long because Tommy and I went to the Erdmanns' for the Christmas/anniversary shindig.

The Erdmanns' beautiful tree.

Our beautiful tree.
My roommate Natalie's birthday isn't timed well. It's Dec. 19, right in the middle of finals. This year Kristin was getting ready to leave for Vegas the next morning with the band and the rest of us still had finals to study for. It was still fun, though. We got her a High School Musical 2 game that she didn't want to wait to open, so we did that in the morning before I went to work. That evening her math buddy Erica joined us for birthday cake and Candice came over to study with me and bring presents from her gals. The day before I had some free time and some spare baking ingredients, so I re-made the blonde brownies that I brought to the potluck dinner and didn't get to taste. Yum!

Before...

After

Her real birthday cake, complete with Funfetti frosting.

Roomies.

Now we're back in Texas. Here's Kaci's beautiful Christmas apple cranberry pie before it imploded in the oven.

Mom and I babysat Eli one night. He really liked applying Chapstick...to his nose. Then he started eating it so I took it away and he got mad. He was also very suspicious of me and mom the next day when F&A came over for dinner. I'm no longer the favorite aunt.
That's it for now...Happy 2008!
5 comments:
your posts make me happy in my heart. i enjoyed the semester review and the fun pics! and i forgot we took a roommate pic...yay yay! but you look too cute in it. no more of that looking cute stuff, ok?
love, me
summer, you're still my favorite aunt. [but if she's your aunt, why does she call you uncle?]
i have to stop reading your blog. nearly every time i do, i want to drop what i'm doing (blog-reading, it seems) and go make cookies.
I hope nobody else is using Eli's chapstick!
Thanks for the update post Summer, we've been missing them.
Comprehensive and enjoyable (meaning lots of good stuff there).
Your pictures are adorable! I love them, especially the one of us roomies...:) Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment